#WHIFF YOUR WAY TO THE WORLD SERIES® SWEEPSTAKES (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: From 12:00:01 AM ET on 7/11/14 through 3:59:59 AM ET on 7/16/14, eligible U.S. and Canadian residents can enter the Sweepstakes by following @HSforMen on Twitter and Tweet using both the mention @HSforMen and the hashtag #Whiff (your "Entry"). All Tweets must comply with the Submission Guidelines in Rule #3 and must be received by 3:59:59 AM ET on 7/16/14. A person can use only one Twitter account to enter. There is a limit of one entry per Twitter account. Twitter.com is the official time-keeper for the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to residents of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., and residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (and at least 18 years of age) as of the last day of the month prior to the date of entry. Void in the Province of Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. Employees of Procter & Gamble, the MLB Entities, Twitter, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, Sweepstakes and internet agencies (employees and each of the foregoing entities collectively, "Released Parties") and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, municipal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM” or “MLB.com”), Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
3. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Determination of compliance with Submission Guidelines and these Official Rules will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor/judges:
· Submissions must not include images or videos.
· Submission cannot contain, incorporate or reference anything that is owned by any third party or entity or would require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction.
· Submission may include Head & Shoulders brand names and/or trademarks; the use of Head & Shoulders brand names and/or trademarks is permitted only for the purpose of entering in this Sweepstakes. NOTE: Use of Head & Shoulders brand names and/or trademarks is not required.
· Submission cannot contain any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers.
· Submissions must be in English; common foreign words/phrases are acceptable.
· The Submission must not include any defamatory content (including images, words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
· The Submission must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and it must not in any way violate applicable federal, state, municipal, provincial or local laws and regulations.
· Submission must not include or show any dangerous behavior or activity or contain content that promotes dangerous activities that may result in injury to oneself or others.
· Submission must not contain indecent behavior, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, and must not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor or the MLB Entities.
· Submission must not refer, depict or in any way reflect negatively upon the Sponsor or the MLB Entities, the Sweepstakes or any other person or entity.
· Submission must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
· Submission must not include any personally identifiable information (e.g. last name, address, school, place of work, etc.) of entrant or any other person(s)
4. RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about 7/18/14 from among all eligible entries received. Random drawing will be conducted by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be declared the official winner of the Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be contacted by @HSforMen via Twitter Direct Message (DM) beginning on/about 7/21/14. The required response to such DM must be received (via a toll-free telephone call) within 2 business days (Monday - Friday; 6AM PT - 2PM PT) after initial DM was sent or potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be determined, time permitting, by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Released Parties are not responsible for undeliverable DMs resulting from any form of active or passive filtering by Twitter or for insufficient space in user’s account to receive DMs. Return of any DM as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected, time permitting, by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
5. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize - A 3-day/2-night trip for winner and a guest to attend one (1) 2014 World Series Game (the "Game") selected by Sponsor at its discretion and subject to availability. Winner must book travel through Sponsor's designated agent and accept the travel dates and flights offered by Sponsor or its agents in its sole discretion. If winner is not able to travel on those dates, he/she will forfeit the prize without compensation and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries in the Sweepstakes, time permitting. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Prize includes two (2) tickets for winner and his/her one (1) guest to the Game, hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (1 room, double occupancy), round-trip coach air transportation from gateway airport nearest winner’s home, a tour for winner and his/her guest of the Major League Baseball Ballpark where the Game is played, and the opportunity, subject to the rules and regulations of the applicable MLB Entities, for access to the field during batting practice prior to the Game. Winner will also receive a custom MLB Authentic Officially Licensed Jersey and MLB officially licensed merchandise package (apparel and merchandise to be determined by Sponsor at its discretion), a 2014 World Series MLB Authenticated Game-used item determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion and a $1,000 prepaid gift card; card terms and conditions apply. (ARV: $6,000; actual value will depend on date of booking, winner’s residency and host city of the Game.) Any difference in the stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. If a minor is selected as a traveling companion, winner must be his/her parent/legal guardian. Dates of travel are subject to change. If the Game does not take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption or postponement, or for any reason beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor's sole responsibility will be to award the remaining portions of the prize and no additional substitution or compensation will be provided. If a winner lives within a 200 mile radius of the Game, winner will receive a $150 travel stipend in lieu of air transportation and any difference in value will not be awarded. Winner and guest are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, additional transportation, souvenirs, upgraded room accommodations and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. The exact nature and duration of the on-field experience and tours shall be determined by the applicable MLB Entities at their sole discretion. Seat locations at the Game shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner’s companion must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the applicable Major League Baseball Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable ballpark regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Released Parties will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale. Any such resale may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the Game ticket(s). All prizes provided by Sponsor.
GENERAL RULES: If potential
winner is a U.S. resident, winner will be required to complete and return an
Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if
legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 3 days (including Saturdays,
Sundays and Holidays) of attempted delivery of same. To be declared a winner, residents of Canada
must correctly answer an arithmetical skill-testing question and execute a
Declaration and Release Form to release Procter & Gamble and its agencies and
representatives and the MLB Entities from liability with respect to contests
and prizes within 3 days (including
Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) of attempted delivery of same. Noncompliance within this time period, return
of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to correctly answer
the skill-testing question as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will
result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate potential winner
will may be selected, time permitting, by random drawing from among all
remaining eligible entries. Traveling companion (and parent/legal guardian if
traveling companion is a minor in his/her state of residence) must also
complete and return a Release of Liability within 3 days (including Saturdays,
Sundays and Holidays) of winner’s attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period will
result in disqualification without further notification and an alternate potential
winner may be selected, time permitting, by random drawing from among all
remaining eligible entries. If a minor
is selected as a traveling companion, winner must be his/her parent/legal
guardian. Return of any prize/prize
notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential
winner may be selected, time permitting, by random drawing from among all
remaining eligible entries. All
travelers must possess required travel documents (e.g., valid photo ID) prior
to departure. No substitution
or transfer of prize by winner permitted.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. All applicable federal, state and local taxes/duties
on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of prize not specified
herein are the sole responsibility of winner.
In no event will more than the
stated number of prizes be awarded. If
an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if
the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by
using multiple Twitter accounts, identities or any other method, all entries
submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void. Entrants/winner agree to release, discharge
and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability
(including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation
and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and
the judges’ decisions, which are final. Released
Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or
representation of any kind concerning the Prize (or any portion thereof), and
(ii) disclaim any implied warranty. Acceptance
of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies and the MLB
Entities to use winner's names
likenesses worldwide, in
perpetuity, for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation,
permission or notification, including a winners list, unless prohibited by
law. Claims may not be resolved through
any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or
inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials
and the terms and conditions of the Official
Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole
property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other
error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the
NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY
7. WINNER: To receive the name of the winner, send an email to email@example.com with WINNERS 8753 as the subject line. Requests must be received by 8/16/14. Winners list will be sent after the winner has been verified.
8. PRIVACY: Trust is a cornerstone of P&G’s corporate mission, and the success of our business depends on it. P&G is committed to maintaining your trust by protecting personal information we collect about you, our consumers. Click here for the full details of our Privacy Statement: http://www.pg.com/privacy/english/privacy_notice.shtml.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, all disputes concerning this Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its choice of laws or conflict of law provisions.
SPONSOR: The Procter & Gamble Distributing LLC,
ADMINISTRATOR: D.L. Blair, Inc.,
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, administered, executed or produced by any MLB Entity.
Head & Shoulders is an official sponsor of Major League Baseball.